A recent survey commissioned by Teleperformance and conducted by YouGov shed some insight into the importance that the contact center plays in the financial performance and growth of its parent company. According to the survey:
- 51% of people said the main reason for their dissatisfaction with a company is poor customer service or a bad contact center experience.
- More importantly, 68% of consumers would take their business elsewhere after one bad customer service call.
What does this mean? The contact center has a direct impact on the continued financial success of its company. This emphasizes the importance of agent optimization and service recovery efforts, which includes:
- Hiring, training, and retaining the best agents
- Performing effective and consistent quality monitoring
- Perfecting coaching practices to help improve the performance of your agents
- Identifying customer dissatisfaction and performing effective service recovery with those customers
You can find a link to the full results here.