After an early breakfast, we had the opportunity to hear from the second keynote speaker of the conference, "customer experience transformist" Bruce Temkin. Bruce, founder of the Temkin Group and former Vice President and Principal Analyst at Forrester Research, specializes in helping large organizations dramatically improve business results by providing long-term strategies and solutions for becoming more customer-centric. He wowed the crowd with profitable tips on how to “accelerate the path to delighting customers.”
Then, back by popular demand, was the Early Morning Show hosted by inContact SVP Frank Maylett. The show is a bit of Letterman and a bit of Conan with some call center flair sprinked in. The show included interviews from Activision, Simplify and FamilySearch, as well as some fun and music from the inContact Band.
In case you missed it, here are Frank's "Top Ten Excuses for Agents Being Late to Work":
10. I didn't have money for gas because all of the pawn shops were closed.
9. I felt it was better to sleep at home rather than at the office.
8. I had to go audition for American Idol.
7. The bartender wouldn't let me leave.
6. I was trying to get my gun back from the police.
5. I had an early morning gig as a clown.
4. My left turn signal was out so I had to make all right turns to get to work.
3. I was indicted for securities fraud this morning.
2. It takes a lot of time to dump a body.
1. I drove to the place I'd rather work at by mistake.
This year the Early Morning Show included a new feature called "Frankly Speaking." Frank chatted with some of our attendees during our Opening Reception on Monday night and the following video was the result...
The day was then filled with various breakout sessions to choose from including:
- Talent Management: Building an Empowered Workforce
- Customer Choice: Success With the Multi-Channel Call Center
- inContact IVR/ACD Developer (Intermediate)
- Workforce Management: Achieve Maximum Call Center Efficiency and Profitability
- Social Media: Methods and Mitigation
- Outsourcing: Creating Competitive Advantage
- And many others
After a long day of soaking up an abundance of useful knowledge, it was time to let loose at our customer and employee appreciation casino night at The Depot. Thanks to Verint for sponsoring the fun night of prizes, mixing, mingling and gambling.