Inbound call centers face rising expectations from their customers to deliver exceptional experiences in an increasingly omnichannel world. Our new 2018 Customer Experience (CX) Transformation Benchmark surveyed over 2000 consumers across the US, the UK and Australia to get their insights on customer experiences.
The results were clear in that consumers want true omnichannel service from inbound contact centers and are willing to switch from companies that provide poor service. The survey found that:
- 94% of consumers expect companies to direct them to the method of contacting them that resolves their situation the quickest way
- 91% expect companies to provide a seamless experience for them when moving from one communication method to another such as from phone to text or chat to phone
- 87% are more willing to do business with a company that offers them more ways to communicate with them
- 83% expect companies to be more proactive by reaching out to them to provide better services reminders, service notifications or confirmations
- 81% are very likely to switch to another company in the future if they’ve had a bad customer service experience
The results of this survey are clear on inbound contact centers – expectations are rising rapidly and customers’ tolerance for poor performance are limited. Companies need to not only embrace omnichannel interactions but need to deliver them in a way that matches customer expectations – helping to steer them to the most efficient communication vehicle(s) and making it seamless to move between the channels.
The technical and agent implications are significant, placing a premium on contact center software that not only delivers robust omnichannel routing but also integrates workforce optimization and workforce management capabilities for agents operating in an omnichannel world.
For complete insights from our benchmark report, download the 2018 Customer Experience (CX) Transformation Benchmark.