What is Workforce Engagement Management (WEM)?
Workforce engagement management (WEM) is a collection of contact center software applications designed to increase agent engagement throughout the employment life cycle. They do this by automating tasks associated with scheduling, performance management, quality management, and more. Workforce engagement management has become increasingly important as organizations compete on customer experience (CX). Engaged agents are more committed to organizational goals and will put in extra effort to deliver great experiences.
The term workforce engagement management was coined by Gartner and encompasses the following software functionality:
- Recruitment and onboarding
- Evaluation and improvement
- Time management
- Assistance and task management
- Metrics and recognition
- Voice of the employee
The best WEM tools are designed with agents in mind and foster engagement through concepts like flexible scheduling, ongoing professional development, data accessibility and transparency, and more.
What applications are included in WEM?
Workforce engagement management suites typically include the following contact center applications:
- Workforce management (WFM). Workforce management tools automate the core contact center functions of volume forecasting, agent scheduling, and intraday management. WFM software is a critical component of WEM because accurate and flexible scheduling has a significant impact on agent satisfaction and engagement.
- Quality management. Quality management software automates key quality assurance processes and engage agents by facilitating better quality coaching and two-way dialog.
- Performance management. Performance management software plays an important role in WEM by enabling ongoing professional development and engaging agents with capabilities like agent dashboards, performance plan workflows, and gamification of performance goals.
How NICE inContact can help with your WEM needs
NICE inContact CXone is the market leading contact center software in use by thousands of customers of all sizes around the world. CXone is a cloud native, unified suite of applications designed to help a company holistically run its contact (or call) center operations. CXone includes:
Workforce Engagement – unlocks the potential of your team. These solutions include workforce management (WFM), quality management (QM), recording and performance management (PM).
Omnichannel Routing – routing and interaction management. These solutions include an automatic call distributor (ACD), interactive voice response (IVR), interaction channel support and proactive outbound dialer.
Analytics – turns insights into results by making data relevant, easy to consume and actionable. These solutions include interaction analytics, customer surveys, reporting and performance management.
Automation & Artificial Intelligence (AI) – leading-edge, intuitive technology that eliminates mundane tasks and speeds resolutions of customer issues for better business outcomes. It provides self-service, agent-assisted and fully automated alerts and actions.
Open Cloud Foundation – enables rapid innovation with an extensible enterprise-grade platform that scales securely, deploys quickly and serves customers of all sizes globally. We guarantee an industry-best 99.99% availability and offer easy customization through RESTful APIs and DEVone developer program.
CXone also includes pre-defined CRM integrations and UCaaS integrations with most leading solutions on the market. These integrations provide a holistic contact center software solution capable of elevating customer experiences for companies of all sizes.