What is a Macro Metric?
There is a not yet widely adopted theory that businesses should distill the measurement of their success down to a single KPI - the macro metric. The macro metric is supposed to be a single measure of a company's health and an indicator of if the organization is living up to its brand promise.
Business functions, especially marketing departments, tend to focus on a whole host of "micro" measurements, so much so that it's easy to miss the big picture. The macro metric tries to solve this problem by focusing the organization on a single measure of success, similar to how GDP growth is a single indicator of an economy's health. Adopting a macro metric doesn't mean all the other KPIs go away. It just means there is now an executive summary of them.
Would a macro metric work at the contact center level?
It's difficult to tell. Customer satisfaction (CSAT) scores and Net Promoter Scores (NPS) might come close to being viable candidates, but they have their limitations. For example, each is most effective when used in conjunction with other KPIs, which defeats the whole purpose of having a single macro metric. There's no denying that contact centers would benefit from having their many metrics simplified, but perhaps a macro metric isn't the best way to do that.
How NICE inContact can help
NICE inContact is the market leader in providing customers the cloud contact center software they need to deliver consistently exceptional customer experiences. Benefits include:
- Reporting and analytics tools that support your measurement needs, whatever they may be
- Modern ACD providing digital first omnichannel routing and increased business agility
- Integrated and comprehensive workforce management solutions to engage and empower contact center agents to achieve business goals
- Automation and artificial intelligence (AI) capabilities to enhance the customer experience and automate routine agent tasks
- Omnichannel customer journey management
CXone provides an intelligent, unified suite of applications covering the breadth of contact center management disciplines, simplifying administration and streamlining the user experience.