In order to stay focused on what matters most you have to know what to focus on. Speech analytics identifies calls that contain customer concerns and issues. These calls are often monitored because they usually result in customer dissatisfaction or failure of the agent to complete a sale. Having this insight helps contact center supervisors develop training geared towards these common issues to enhance their agent’s performance.
Here are 10 tips to help you stay focused on what matters most for speech analytics:
- Identify call drivers to help develop categories, keywords and phrases for successful interactions. Teach agents the importance of using keywords with analytics driven coaching to save organizations time and money.
- Use speech analytics to determine first call resolution (FCR) by call type, drivers of repeat calls and the positive agent behaviors that reduce repeat calls. These actions will improve the connection between the caller and the agent which can be developed into simple guidelines for callbacks.
- Speech phrase and keyword reports offer search filters. Evaluate calls by filter to find where the breakdown in the call or process occurred. Use the filter criteria on the call list to identify calls with these tags for training purposes.
- Optimize customer and prospect sales with phrase and keyword categories that relate to engaging statements.
- Review customer churn signals. Calculate churn risk by interaction and apply retention offers to those customers at risk.
- Identify disappointed customers and analyze lost customer interactions. Develop a win back or callback campaign to reengage customers.
- Use speech analytics to produce key performance indicators (KPIs) to compare how different agents deal with different call types. For example, compare agent’s up-selling and cross-selling skills. By using near real-time insights, you can align skill sets closely with customer demand and enable agents to become more productive, while saving your contact center money.
- Build an “at risk” voice of the customer (VoC) category with key phrases and tags that have resulted in dropped calls, long average handle time (AHT) or compliance risk. Identify high volume, long duration, repeat calls and causes or characteristics to save agents time and the company money.
- Identify agent coaching or training opportunities that reinforce the use of related keywords and phrases to those referenced by the customer. Create helpful filters and performance reports based on the successful use of these phrases and words. Create incentives around the use of these related keywords and phrases.
- Determine ROI from saved accounts and pick up your year-end bonus.
This low-hanging fruit strategy will improve costs, customer satisfaction scores, staff productivity and motivate agents for quick wins. Learn more about speech analytics and how to use this solution for coaching around call quality and positive feedback.